Using LaTeX for your thesis at the University of Washington
The uwthesis package helps you follow the
Graduate School guidelines
and provides easy solutions to some of thesis formatting's
more challenging tasks: landscape and facing page figures and tables.
- Find package documentation and sources on our UWThesis github repository.
This thesis package is licensed under the terms of the
Apache License 2.
You are free to copy, use, and modify it to your needs
according to the terms of that license.
- The Graduate School say my ... isn't formatted right.
If the ... is in the preliminary pages, or in the bibliography,
you may have included a macro package that redefined one
of the uwthesis macros. The definition of \thebibliography often
gets clobbered. Look to see what each defines and find
some agreement between them.
- I used the natbib package and lost the Bibliography line
from the table of contents.
After the package reference
Add the line
- I have more than 99 figures (or tables) and the figure numbers
in the List of Figures run into the figure titles.
Set the width of the number part of the line with this definition:
- The number 2.3 in the above definition is the default
width (in ems) of the field. Adjust it as needed.
The definition must go somewhere between \documentclass and
- Substitute l@table to adjust the List of Tables.
- Is there a layout file so I can use LyX?
In a manner of speaking there is. I think LyX
is a little too wysiwyg for a thesis, but you can try.
An LyX layout and template for this class is available
as a compressed tar
or zip. Be aware that this
is an example. It is not supported or maintained.
Identity and Access Management
University of Washington
© 1983-2017, University of Washington