Information useful in my job as administrator at UW
- Arts and Sciences "factsheet" for use in preparation of grants and contracts (link updated 2/22/16, added 1/13/05)
- Arts and Sciences pdf factsheet on Division of French and Italian Studies (link updated 10/16/15, added 10/7/07)
- Budget Number Prefix Identifiers at UW. This table describes how the first two digits of a UW budget number, called elsewhere the "Local Program Code," indicate what kind of budget it is, what it is for, and who to contact about it. (link updated 4/12/16, added 10/30/08)
- Controlling Access to UW Web Pages by UWNetID, password, groups, and internet address; and with SSL encrypted connections (added 11/28/07)
- Data Management in Admission and Records "...includes the SDB online code manual,
the SDB screen manual, and an online request form
for data extracts -- just to name a few features," said Kimberly Swayze in an email 10/11/02.
Versus Independent Contractor Policy Statement includes how payment is made to individuals (added 7/11/02)
- Euro symbol (€)
- For Mac: shift-option-2
- For Windows 2000, XP: Alt-0128
- For HTML: (€, €) This last from A Binary Primer: Introduction, from a UW IS 470 course page.
- (added 1/26/04)
- Excess compensation
- Excess compensation is designed to pay faculty and professional staff for services provided outside normal duties. Typically it is for service performed on a one-time-only basis... from the Academic Human Resources guidelines site below
- (added 7/30/02)
- Financial Reporting Codes listed and explained by UW Financial Reporting (all added 4/12/16)
- Firefox Profile allows one to move Firefox browser settings to a new computer (added 10/9/07)
- GOF (general operating funds)
- are allocations to units from State general funds and tuition.
- DOF (designated operating funds)
- DOF-LFA are allocations to units from investment income and local funds.
- DOF-RCR are allocations of indirect cost recoveries to support academic and administration costs.
- Taken from a pdf link on an outdated Budget and Planning Site (added 4/25/02)
- GSSA Salary Rates 2015-2016
- Institutional Numbers and Codes--on UW Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Facts and Rates page, including the UW's Taxpayer Identification Number, called there the Entity Number and the IRS Number. (added 12/6/06)
- Journal Vouchers: How prefix on BARs shows which unit did JV. (added 11/14/03)
- Meeting notes and minutes for meetings I attend (added 12/21/04)
- The Number Glossary at Development and Alumni Relations, among other things, says what types of account 63-, 65-, 80-, and -82 budget prefixes indicate. (added 5/23/02)
- Object Codes for Expenditures at UW (link updated 4/12/16, added 5/23/02)
Payroll Tax Information for employees at UW (link updated 10/16/15, added 10/29/02, link updated to 2007 7/23/07)
- Plagiarism reporting and detecting advice from UW faculty emails.
- Revenue and source codes at UW (link updated 4/12/16, added 1/29/09)
- Includes the source of the revenue. Each account has a preassigned code. The preassigned code can be found by going to the FIN application, choosing 1) OFIS, then entering the budget number and action 4. (added 7/30/02)
- Sales and Use Tax at UW (link updated 4/12/16, 3/31/09, 4/16/08, added 8/16/02) as of 4/12/16 found in How to Pay from Finance and Facilities Procurement Services
Spam domains blocked by UW (lost link 4/12/16, added 10/16/03)
Tax rate finder for Washington State for sales and use tax, and lots of others (added 5/5/06)
TOEFL iBT score recommendations or requirements for undergraduate, graduate, and other programs at many universities and institutions, including some for UW. (added 2/15/07)
Unix Cook-Booklet describes how to use grep to search for text in files in multiple directories in the Looking inside files section. (added 11/21/07)
US-CERT (United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team) Tech Tip to provide guidance for users connecting a new (or newly upgraded) computer to the Internet for the first time. (added 3/17/05)
W-2 explanation (added 1/28/03)
Page done by David Miles, firstname.lastname@example.org