Participants of HIFT can be broken into two categories: those that directly developed and organized the program and those that were invited to participate in the detection of the acoustic signals at many places around the globe. The
larger HIFT collaboration was a world-wide, multinational group of people. Participation was generally enthusiastic.
Munk, Spindel, Baggeroer, Birdsall, Metzger
- Hobart, Tasmania, Australia:
- Christmas Island (Indian Ocean):
- U.S. Research Vessel (Monterey, California, USA):
- Canadian Research Vessel (Halifax):
- Canadian Research Vessel (California):
- USSR Research Vessel (North Atlantic, Krylov Seamount):
- Mawson Station, Antarctica:
- Japanese Research Vessel (Samoa)
- New Zealand Research Vessel (Tasman Sea):
The Marine mammal contingent
Ann Bowles - three Australian and six American observers.
Matthew Dzieciuch, SIO