- evaluate the materials as they are experienced by
the user attempting to meet his or her needs
- develop a style appropriate to your class and audience
Working in teams, user-test the Web document sets below.
- For each document have one person try to navigate the
structure of that document to answer the provided questions.
The person should play the role of the naive user relying
only on the information provided in pages,
- As the person works, have them talk out loud about
what they are seeing, the problems they are having,
and anything they are confused or unsure about.
- Have a different person do each of the different
- As a group talk about how user preconceptions might
affect how the user interprets the pages and the structure.
Forest & Shade Tree Pathology
Question: What role do gooseberries
play in rust infestations of White Pines?
Basics of HTML Browsers and HTML For Classroom Use
What is the number of the current version of HTML?
Question:Which Active Learning sessions will not require
the use of a computer?
© Copyright 1998 University of Washington