University of Washington in Seattle
I am a systems programmer for the Astronomy Department of the University of Washington. Current tasks include writing telescope control and data processing software for the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope and control system software for Apache Point Observatory in New Mexico.
LSST Python Software
The following documentation is served here until a more permanent home can be found:
- cbp: coordinate conversion software for the Collimated Beam Projector (served here until a more permanent location is found).
- ts_ATDome: auxiliary telescope dome controller (ATDome).
- ts_ATDomeTrajectory: code to make the dome follow the telescope for the auxiliary telescope (served here until a more permanent location is found).
- ts_ATMCSSimulator: simulator for the auxiliary telescope motor control system (ATMCS).
- ts_ATPneumaticsSimulator: simulator for the auxiliary telescope pneumatics control system (ATPneumatics).
- ts_salobj: object-oriented Python interface to SAL.
- ts_scriptqueue: base class and queue for Script SAL components (served here until a more permanent location is found).
- RO Python Package: a package of Python utilities including astronomical math, an interface to the ds9 image viewer, enhanced Tkinter widgets, Tkinter-friendly TCP/IP sockets, an implementation of application preferences, extensive support for sexagesimal (i.e. h:mm:ss) input and output and various useful algorithms.
- PyGuide. Find and centroid stars. Works on partial images of stars such as might be found on a slitviewer or coherent fiber bundle. A Python implementation of algorithms developed by Jim Gunn.
- TUI: the telescope user interface for the APO 3.5m telescope.
- STUI: the telescope user interface for APO 2.5m SDSS telescope.
- syncclock: linux interface for Brandywine PCI-SyncClock32 timing card.
Python Mac binary installers
I maintain a few unofficial binary installers for MacOS X including PIL (Python Imaging Library) and pygame for Python 2.7 (the official pygame site provides binaries for earlier versions of Python). These are built for the 32-bit Mac python from python.org.
American Country Dances On Line is no longer being updated.
University of Washington
PO Box 351580
Seattle, WA 98195-1580
rowen uw edu