My current research area is Probability Theory. More specifically, I work on Interacting Particle Systems, Stochastic Differential Equations and Partial Differential Equations. I have immense desire to understand natural and social phenomena via probabilistic and analytic tools. Please see my Research Statment (click here for PDF file) for detail.
Publications and Preprints
Existence of a universal cover
- Hydrodynamic limits and propagation of chaos for interacting random walks in domains. With Z.-Q. Chen. Submitted. (available at arXiv:1311.2325)
- Systems of interacting diffusions with partial annihilations through membranes. With Z.-Q. Chen. Submitted. (available at arXiv:1403.5903)
- Functional central limit theorem for Brownian particles in
domains with Robin boundary condition. With Z.-Q. Chen. Submitted. (available at arXiv:1404.1442)
- Scaling Limits of Interacting Diffusions in Domains. With Z.-Q. Chen. Submitted. (click here for PDF file)
- Interacting particle systems with
partial annihilation through membranes. PhD thesis. (click here for PDF file)
- Wulff flow and Steiner polynomials for ovaloids. Master thesis on the study of Wulff crystal growth using the method of geometric flows. (click here for PDF file)
Work in progress
- Fluctuation limit for systems of interacting diffusions with partial annihilations through membranes. With Z.-Q. Chen. In preparation (available upon request).
- Hydrodynamic limit for a Fleming-Viot type system with soft annihilation and rebirth. In preparation.
- Segregation versus co-existence in a Fleming-Viot type system. With Douglas Rizzolo. In preparation.
- Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. Princeton University (2014, April 8). click here for the slides
- UBC probability seminar. University of British Columbia (2014, Feb 5). click here for the slides
- Graduate Student Analysis Seminar. University of Washington (2014, Jan 30)
- Probability Seminar. University of Washington (2013, May 13)
- Seminar on Stochastic Processes. Duke University (2013, March 14-16)
- PIMS Summer School in Probability. University of British Columbia (2012, June 4-29)
- Graduate Student Probability Conference. Georgia Institute of Technology (2012, Apr 27-29)
- Graduate Student Analysis Seminar. University of Washington (2012 Apr 12)
- Seminar on Stochastic Processes. Kansas University (2012, March 22-24)
- Graduate Student Analysis Seminar. University of Washington (2011 Dec 16)
- Academic Seminar for Mathematical Database. Hong Kong University (2009, Dec 27)
- Seminar on Stochastic Processes. University California San Diego (2014, March 26-29)
- Pacific Northwest Probability Seminar. Co-organized by University of Washington and Microsoft Research. (2008-2013, October)
- 36th Conference on Stochastic Processes and their Applications. University of Colorado Boulder. (2013, July 29-Aug 2)
- Recent Trends in Stochastic Analysis. University of British Columbia. (2013, July 22-26)
- Cornell Probability Summer School. Cornell University. (2010, July 19-30)
- PIMS Summer School in Probability. University of Washington. (2010, June 21-July 10)
- Oded Schramm Memorial Conference, Probability and Geometry. Microsoft Research, Redmond. (2009, August 30-31)
- PIMS Summer School in Knot Theory and 3 manifolds. University of British Columbia. (2004, July)
Other Research Experience
Research Assistantship. University of Washington. 2009 (Spring), 2010 (Winter, Summer), 2011 (Spring, Summer, Fall), 2012 (Winter, Spring, Summer), 2013 (Summer), 2014 (Winter)
- Develop theoretical models for a hybrid solar cell in NSF Solar Energy Initiative (SEI) project.
- Collaborate with researchers in other departments including Material Science, Chemistry and Electrical Engineering.
- Report key results in annual meetings.