Creating Animated GIFs in PaintShop Pro
It is easy to created animated GIFs in PaintShop Pro and to add interesting
image effects and transitions. Here are the steps to animate
3 GIF images (
with some image effects:
Here is the animation
- Invoke PaintShop Pro 6 > Animation Shop 2
- Click on File > Animation Wizard . Follow
the menu stream that opens up by selecting
- Image size
- Transparent canvas color background
- Upper left corner of the frame for positioning
- Loop the animation 4 times with 1/10-th second display for each frame
- Add images in reverse order (you can also rearrange images)
- Click Finish and then view the animation by clicking
View > Animation
- Add image effects to all the images as follows:
- Click the first image and click Effects > Image Effects
- In the menu that opens up, select Underwater
in the "Effect:" box in the menu that opens up. Click on "OK".
Note that this adds a sequence of images to the original image
that gradually morph the old image in different ways
- Repeat the above action for all images you wish to apply the
- Save the animation: click File > Save As....
Select a file name and choose the default actions for a sequence of
"save" menus that opens up.
- View it on the Web: use Internet Neighborhood to transfer the
animated GIF file to your public_html directory and then view it
or link to it from another HTML file.