FASD Family Summer Camp
The 5th Annual FASD Family Summer Camp will take place Wednesday August 22 through Sunday August 26, 2007 at
Camp Volasuca in Sultan, Washington (just 40 miles northeast of Seattle).
The camp will feature activities for children and adolescents with FASD, their parents, and even their siblings, so remember to bring the whole family. Parent training
activities will be offered by the FAS DPN staff and others.
Camp lodging, meals, and activities are included. This includes meals and snacks from Wednesday through Sunday lunch. Camp accommodations include tent cabins with bunk
beds, bathroom and shower facilities, a swimming pool, trampoline, miniature golf course, playfield, and many other camp amenities.
If your family would like to participate, please fill out the registration form and have it mailed in by June 1st along with a
$350.00 registration fee made
out to NOFAS Washington. This registration fee insures your spot for your entire family. If you have any questions or concerns about the fee please contact us for
scholarship information. Spots will be filled on a first come first serve basis and the camp is limited to 100 participants (about 20 families), so don't wait! We will send
a follow-up letter by July 1st to confirm your participation and provide you with more information about what to bring, directions, agenda, etc.
The camp serves biological, adoptive and foster families as well as grandparents and other relatives serving as caregivers for children with alcohol related disabilities.
All camp activities focus on strengthening and empowering families and increasing their capacity to succeed
The goals of the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Family Summer Camp include the following:
- To provide access to services and support systems focused on the prevention of the secondary disabilities of FASD (substance abuse, school failure, multiple home
placements and involvement with the juvenile justice system).
- To provide an opportunity for families of children with FASD to gather in a supportive environment to
develop and enhance their network of family supports.
- To provide parents and caregivers with an opportunity for respite, education and networking.
- To provide children with FASD the opportunity to interact with other children in developmentally supportive and well supervised recreational and social
- To provide opportunities for siblings to meet and interact and with other siblings of children with FASD.
The Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Family Summer Camp is funded by donations, grants, fundraising and in-kind contributions. We are able to keep costs down by utilizing
volunteers and donated supplies. The camp will serve 120 participants at a cost of approximately $350 per person. We are currently seeking grants and individual donations to
fund the camp. We would appreciate your donation to support this fun and educational family experience. Please consider making a tax deductible donation and help us realize
our goal that...
No child or family will miss this life changing experience because of their inability to pay
- Volunteer/Donate - If you are interested in volunteering your time or donating money or supplies for the camp, please print this form, fill it out and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form.
- Paypal Donation - Alternately, you can click on the button below and send a donation through PayPal.
- Register for Camp - If you wish to attend the FASD Family Summer Camp, please print this form, fill it out and
in to P.O. Box 13182 Mill Creek, WA 98082.